By Notes Vandar
Contemporary Technology refers to the latest innovation and technology that has become a part of our daily life. These technologies have great influence over the life of humans. Services like E-mail, E-Commerce, chat, Video Conferencing, and Live streaming are some of the common contemporary technology that we encounter on daily basis.
Besides above mentioned some of the integrated latest technologies are:
Cloud generally refers to a huge collection of storage that is done through server farms. The trend of using a network of remote servers/data centers hosted on the internet to store, manage, and process data, rather than in our local server or a personal computer is called cloud computing. Google Drive, drive, and iCloud are an example of cloud storage.
Advantages of Cloud Computing
- The large volume of data can be stored conveniently.
- It helps in data backup and recovery.
- Cloud computing services are used to host live streaming.
- High speed of data transfer.
The use of handheld devices such as mobile phones and tablets to transfer data, voice, and video over a network is called mobile computing. This technology allows people to access data and information whenever and wherever they are.
Advantages of Mobile Computing
- They are highly portable and be used from anywhere around.
- Mobiles and other handheld devices can be connected to a network to exchange data and information
The set of services provided by the government to the public through electronic means especially the internet is called E-Governance.
Advantages of E-Governance
- It increases public participation.
- It increases transparency in governmental activities.
- It reduces corruption.
- Helps to make a paperless government.
- Easy and fast delivery of governmental services.
Artificial Intelligence is an emerging branch of computer science, which interprets the means and method of making computers think like human beings. In short, It is the process of integrating human behavior into machines.
Machine learning, Robotics, cyber security, health care, etc are the application areas of AI.
Advantages of AI
- It handles data and information better than humans.
- It introduces new methods to solve problems.
- It can be used in decision-making.
- It can be to interpret data and draw conclusions.
- AI robots can be used to solve complex engineering problems.
It is an artificial environment created by using computers and technology to give users a realistic experience. In short, it is a simulated environment created using computerized technology. It creates an illusion of the real world. VR is used in the film industry, gaming, aviation industry, etc.
Advantages of VR
- It can create a realistic environment and experience.
- Simulation of complex problems. eg, Pilot learns their first flying experience in a simulated environment.
- It makes gaming much more realistic and engaging.
Internet of Things (IoT)
IoT is the electronic technology in which devices can communicate with users and their environment in real-time. These devices can share data and information between the user and their server allowing the user to experience the combination of the physical world with the digital.
In general, IoT is the network of real-world “Things” (devices) made with sensors, software, and other various technology that can communicate with users and devices through the internet.
Modern days devices like a smartwatch can track our fitness level, the voice assistant in our mobile phones like Siri and Alexa, smart cars like Tesla are built with autonomous riding capability, a home security system that allows us to monitor suspicious activities, and more.
Advantages of IoT
- It increases the efficiency and productivity of work.
- It helps to automate our daily life work.
- It can be used as entertainment enhancing user experience.
- It helps to communicate and exchange data and information in real-time.